SCK•CEN is developing the multi-purpose irradiation facility MYRRHA, a flexible fast spectrum research infrastructure conceived as an Accelerator Driven System (ADS). It consists of a 600 MeV proton linear accelerator (linac) which drives a lead-bismuth cooled sub-critical reactor.
According to the MYRRHA phased implementation plan, a first facility called MINERVA will be constructed at SCK•CEN in Mol. MINERVA includes the design, construction, commissioning, operation of a unique infrastructure composed of a 100 MeV proton linac coupled to an ISOL target station for fundamental research and for the production of medical radioisotopes as well as to a target station for fusion material research.
In the framework of this project, the Institute for Advanced Nuclear Systems (ANS), is looking for a Senior ISOL Target Assembly Designer to join the Proton Target Research (PTR) unit of the Accelerator Project (ACP) group.
As Senior ISOL Target Assembly Designer you will have the following responsibilities:
- Design of the ISOL target assembly:
- coordinate, integrate and contribute to the design work on the various sub-components (target, target container, vacuum chamber, cooling, ion source…);
- lead and ensure the technical interface with the other components of the ISOL system;
- contribute to all aspects of target development and optimization for the production of radioactive ion beams (RIB) with high yields and of high quality;
- ensure the production of the necessary target units with respect to the beam request according to the approved RIB-production and facility operation scheme;
- characterize and document the performance and production rate of all target assemblies (both during the off-line tests during the development of the facility as well as on-line, after the facility becomes operational);
- initiate innovative ideas for the production of new ion beams;
- stay informed on the user’s requests of RIBs and the overall ISOL-system performances at other ISOL facilities.